At Fellerman & Ciarimboli, we realize that being involved in an automobile accident, especially one involving a truck or other commercial vehicle can be a nerve-wracking and devastating experience. While it may be difficult for you to think clearly after a truck accident in PA, we would like to remind you of how critical it is to do the following and more (if you are able) immediately:
- Call the police because no matter how minor or major the truck accident is, it’s important to have official documentation of the accident.
- Check to see if anyone has been hurt, and call an ambulance if needed.
- Don’t attempt to move your vehicle, especially if there’s a lot of damage.
- Take as many photos of your vehicle and the truck as you can.
- Gather as much information (such as insurance information, names, and addresses) about the truck driver and any others involved in the accident. Furthermore, try to get the names of any eyewitnesses in case they need to be contacted.
- See your doctor even if you feel “okay” because the pain from certain injuries (like whiplash) may not show up until a couple of days later. In addition, failing to document any injuries or pain properly can make it difficult to prove you deserve compensation.
- Get in touch with a truck accident lawyer who will advise you on whether you should file a lawsuit against the driver, the truck company or both.
Contact Us If You Were in a Truck Accident in PA
We here at Fellerman & Ciarimboli are concerned for the safety of those who travel on the many state and local highways and roads all over the United States. If you, a loved one, or even a close friend has recently been involved in a minor or major truck or tractor-trailer accident, it’s essential that you speak with an attorney at Fellerman & Ciarimboli right away.
Truck accident cases can be complex and may require extensive investigations. To learn more about our experience with truck accident cases and the types of settlements and awards we’ve won in the past, please visit the Victories page of our site. To make an appointment for a complimentary consultation, please fill out a contact form, or give our firm a call at 888-570-HURT.
With more than 40 years of combined experience, the personal injury attorneys at Fellerman & Ciarimboli strive to provide the best service to clients in Philadelphia, Northeast Pennsylvania, and throughout the Keystone State.