When you or a loved one is involved in a tractor-trailer accident, you will have so many questions and concerns about your well-being and future. Who can you call for help and who really has your best interests in mind? What you need is the expertise of the National Board of Trial Advocacy Board Certified truck accident law advocate, Ed Ciarimboli. For decades, the attorneys of Fellerman & Ciarimboli have been helping victims across the nation with their legal needs. We know the complexities surrounding an accident with a tractor-trailer and we know the financial burden you face after such a crash. With a winning record, we will not rest until you are properly compensated for your injuries.
TRACTOR-TRAILER ACCIDENTS ARE ON THE RISE
According to the latest statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 4,136 large truck fatalities in 2018. Of those deaths, 67 percent were occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles, and 15 percent were pedestrians, bicyclists or motorcyclists. That’s a 31 percent increase from 2009.
Where did many of these accidents occur? Fifty-two percent of deaths in large truck crashes occurred on major roads other than interstates and freeways, 33 percent occurred on interstates and freeways, and 14 percent occurred on minor roads.
The top four causes of tractor-trailer crashes nationwide are:
- Distracted Driving – In 2017, the NHTSA reports that 3,166 fatalities were a result of distraction-affected crashes.
- Trucker Fatigue – Driving for long stretches at a time, trying to meet a short deadline, can put a strain on anyone, especially someone who is driving an 80,000-pound vehicle. Sometimes, sleep is pushed away until after a long haul.
- Speeding/Aggressive Driving – Going too fast, driving recklessly, or suffering from road rage all lead to truck accidents. A driver barreling down the road at 70 mph with a heavy load has a difficult time stopping suddenly if a car pulls out in front of him/her. According to the NHTSA, in 2018, speeding killed 9,378 people.
- Intoxication – Everyone knows that drinking then getting behind the wheel is a dangerous combination. Not only is it against the law, but it can lead to a major accident that no one walks away from. And if it involves a semi-trailer carrying tens of thousands of pounds of metal, you know how serious an accident that can be. Unfortunately, DUI accidents still continue to climb. In 2018 there were 10,511 drunk driving fatalities.
WHO IS TO BLAME FOR YOUR TRUCK ACCIDENT?
Many don’t realize that when you get into a truck accident, there could be more than one party responsible for your accident, such as:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer
- The truck maintenance company
- The leaseholder of the truck
- The loading company
- Other drivers or vehicle passengers
To make sure the responsible parties are held accountable, our truck accident attorneys need to conduct a thorough investigation of the accident scene. Once you hire an experienced and certified truck accident lawyer at Fellerman & Ciarimboli, our investigators will get to work on your behalf. They will make sure photographs are taken of the scene, the evidence is collected, witnesses are contacted, and the copy of the police report is secured.
The trucking companies will do anything it can to make sure the blame for the accident rests on your shoulders. But with our attorneys by your side, you will not be bullied by powerful interests.
WHAT ARE MY LEGAL OPTIONS IN PENNSYLVANIA?
Pennsylvania is known as a “choice no-fault” state. What this means is you have the option to choose whether to opt-in (full tort) or out (limited tort) of “no-fault” rules. If you chose limited tort for your car insurance, then you are unable to sue for pain and suffering. It may be a cheaper option, but after a serious accident, it could hurt you.
However, there are exceptions to this rule. And one is you can recover for pain and suffering damages if your injury is considered serious enough, as defined by your auto insurance contract.
This is why it’s essential to hire a truck accident lawyer who knows the latest truck litigation laws to help you with your case. Once you contact us, our rapid response team ready to respond as soon as possible to protect your rights. We have investigators on staff that can recreate the accident scene to find who truly is responsible. Remember, the truck companies will be investigating the scene as soon as the accident occurs and will do anything to protect their interests and place the blame on your shoulders. That’s why Fellerman & Ciarimboli will do everything to protect yours.
CONTACT OUR NATIONWIDE TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS TODAY
The statute of limitations to file a truck accident lawsuit is two years. Although that seems like a lengthy amount of time, you would be amazed how quickly it can fly by. That’s why it’s important to contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
When you choose Fellerman & Ciarimboli, you know your case is in good hands. We have won more than $25 million in truck accident verdicts and settlements throughout the nation. We have been nationally recognized for our work in truck accident litigation — just recently Partner Ed Ciarimboli was board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA) in truck accident law, which is the highest, most stringent, and most reliable honor an attorney can achieve.
Take the first step to the justice you deserve today. Contact the nationwide truck accident law firm of Fellerman & Ciarimboli today for a free consultation.