Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

The Law & You

My Ex-Wife Refuses to Let Me See My Children. What Can I Do?

The Law & You
March 22, 2018

The Law and You

My Ex-Wife Refuses to Let Me See My Children. What Can I Do?

A viewer can’t see her children despite violating a court order. Is there anything she can do about it? Pennsylvania attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli explain what the viewer should consider doing next.

Dave Kuharchik: In this edition of “The Law & You,” we’re talking about a custody situation. It is attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli, welcome to the show tonight.

Ed Ciarimboli: Greg’s smiling again. Three days in a row!

Greg Fellerman: I’m turning over a new leaf here.

Dave: He’s a new man. All right, here’s our situation tonight. We have a family law incident from Mindy in Waymart. She says, “My ex-wife refuses to let me see my children in violation of our court order. What can I do?” So what do you recommend here?

Ed: You know, Mindy, this is a very difficult situation. Any time there is a custody situation, emotions run high. You have a court order. Unfortunately, you need a lawyer. You’re going to have to enforce that court order. Technically, your wife is in contempt right now of that order. We’ve had Brian Kelly on this show. Brian does a terrific job in Scranton. We refer work to Brian and this is something that a guy like Brian specializes in. You got to get someone who specializes in this stuff.

Greg: Yeah, and I think the big thing with these is the contempt is a big hammer. With the contempt, that’s a violation of a court order. The judge has the ability to actually sentence jail time. Doesn’t happen often, but the people that continue to disregard the law, the judge has no choice but to throw the person in jail. That’s the way the system works. A lot of people don’t like sitting in jail so I think it would be wise for everybody to play by the rules, do what they’re supposed to, and not be in court.

Ed: Absolutely.

Dave: And those that want to talk to you to get a referral to someone that you work with on occasion, how can they reach you guys?

Greg: Give us a call, 570-417-HURT, see us on the web

Ed: Or Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Snapchat, all the above. We’re on them all.

Dave: So many ways to get in touch.

Ed: Greg Snapchats all the time.

Greg: My daughters love it.

Dave: Results matter. Attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli, we’ll see you next time.

Ed: Thanks, Dave.

Share This:

The Law & You is a nightly feature on channels WBRE-TV 28 and WYOU-TV 22 where the attorneys from Fellerman & Ciarimboli answer legal questions. If you have a question that you want answered by the Law & You attorneys, please submit the form on this page or call the hotline at 1-888-570-HURT.

The Law & You Archives

Have A Question?

Do you have a question for The Law & You? Please fill out the form below and your question could be answered live on the air.

Recent News

Call Now
Email Now
Back to Top