Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

The Law & You

I Slipped and Fell at the Mall. What Can I Do?

The Law & You
February 19, 2018

The Law and You

I Slipped and Fell at the Mall. What Can I Do?

Fellerman & Ciarimboli slip and fall lawyers Molly Clark and Greg Fellerman answer a question from a viewer who slipped and fell while walking into a local mall. The injured viewer wants to know what can be done.

Dave Kuharchik: It is time, once again, for “The Law & You.” Back here on a Monday with attorneys Greg Fellerman and Molly Clark, who is here for Ed. Apparently still celebrating his birthday from last week. Good to see you guys.

Molly Clark: Good to see you.

Dave: Alright, let’s get to our question tonight. This involves a situation with Mark in Moscow. Mark says, “I was walking into the mall when I fell on ice that was collecting from the overhang. There were no warning signs up. I broke my arm and have to have surgery. What can I do?” So Mark is saying there was nothing to alert him of this hazard.

Molly: Yeah and that’s generally a problem. There should be some signs out there, especially with an overhang in a busy place like a mall. What you need to do, Mark, is take  pictures if you haven’t already done so. Photograph any that you can, the scene the day of or even the day after if they cleaned up the ice. You would want to document that as well and you probably should pick up the phone and call a lawyer. You would have a claim and you’re going to want to recover from your injury in any bills you may have to pay, right Greg?

Greg Fellerman: Yeah, and the thing with the overhang is, sometimes, I’ve seen in situation where businesses know or should have known that overhang has been causing a leak or a build up of ice or water or snow and they never do anything. So sometimes there’s other cases that exist because of the same thing and they fail to act. So it’s good to really look into the case, that’s why you need to get on the phone and call a lawyer and determine, because of the overhang, if it can’t just drip water onto a walkway. That’s negligent. It could be the property owner, probably the property owner owns it so you have to find out who owns the property. Do all your property searches and go from there.

Dave: For anyone who does get injured, we’ll they’re out there, and they’re concerned they might want to consider a legal case, how can they reach you guys?

Greg: Give us a call 570-714-HURT, you could see us on the web at; As I told you before, Molly’s great at these types of cases, she does a really good job.

Molly: Thanks Greg.

Dave: Molly’s standing by for your call if you need help. Results matter attorneys Greg Fellerman and Molly Clark. Thank you both for being here.

Molly: Thank you.

Dave: Don’t forget you could give “The Law & You” hotline a call or visit to get your question here on the show.

Share This:

The Law & You is a nightly feature on channels WBRE-TV 28 and WYOU-TV 22 where the attorneys from Fellerman & Ciarimboli answer legal questions. If you have a question that you want answered by the Law & You attorneys, please submit the form on this page or call the hotline at 1-888-570-HURT.

The Law & You Archives

Have A Question?

Do you have a question for The Law & You? Please fill out the form below and your question could be answered live on the air.

Recent News

Call Now
Email Now
Back to Top