Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

The Law & You

My Used Car Had Been In a Crash. Can I Get My Money Back?

The Law & You
January 4, 2018

The Law and You

My Used Car Had Been In a Crash. Can I Get My Money Back?

Car accident attorneys Ed Ciarimboli and Greg Fellerman explain what you can do after you learn the used car you just bought was involved in a crash. If you have a legal question, then contact Fellerman & Ciarimboli for a free consultation.

Dave Kuharchik: Got an issue with a car title in this edition of “The Law & You.” Back with us tonight attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli. Gentlemen, nice to see you.

Ed Ciarimboli: Starting the year off right.

Dave: Yeah, we are. First week of the year here, almost complete. Another great question in tonight from our viewer. Let’s get to it. This is from Harry in Yatesville. Harry says, “I bought a used car and when I got the title I found out the car had been in a crash. I do not want the car. Can I get my money back?” Can Harry not get his money back now that he find out about this accident after the fact.

Ed: Yes you can get your money back. Whenever you’re purchasing a used car, the automobile dealer -the used car dealership- they have an obligation to tell you if that car has been in a wreck because it’s titled differently. After it’s repaired, it could be a salvage or something of that nature. You, ultimately, purchased something you didn’t bargain for, so you can get your money back in this particular situation.

Greg: Let me ask you this, though, why would they have those car reports that you buy, why would there be a buy or beware situation on those?

Ed: It’s just like buying the house. I actually had to look this up. It’s called a material defect in the car. If the dealership knows that it’s a material defect and they don’t disclose it, then you could get your money back.

Greg: Even if it’s a minor fender bender?

Ed: Even if it’s a minor fender bender if it’s titled differently. So if it was involved in a substantial wreck to change the title, if it’s a minor fender that I’m not sure of. If it’s so substantial that it changes the title on the vehicle, and that’s what your question was it changed the title.

Greg: Minor car accidents would probably not have to be disclosed. If there’ s a change in title, like a salvage or rebuilt-

Ed: Yeah, if it was some type of salvage or rebuilt. See, learn something new every day.

Dave: You always learn something new everyday here on “The Law & You.” Don’t forget if you need legal advice you could give the guys a call or check them out online. Results matter with attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli. Guys we’ll see you next time.

Ed and Greg: Thanks Dave.

Dave: and “The Law & You” hotline are there for you.

Share This:

The Law & You is a nightly feature on channels WBRE-TV 28 and WYOU-TV 22 where the attorneys from Fellerman & Ciarimboli answer legal questions. If you have a question that you want answered by the Law & You attorneys, please submit the form on this page or call the hotline at 1-888-570-HURT.

The Law & You Archives

Have A Question?

Do you have a question for The Law & You? Please fill out the form below and your question could be answered live on the air.

Recent News

Call Now
Email Now
Back to Top