Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!

The Law & You

Construction Workers Are Creating a Nuisance. What Can Be Done?

The Law & You
July 3, 2013

The Law and You

Construction Workers Are Creating a Nuisance. What Can Be Done?

Fellerman & Ciarimboli personal injury attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli discuss what legal options are available when noisy construction workers block a neighbor’s property. If you have a legal question for our attorneys, contact Fellerman & Ciarimboli at (570) 714-HURT

Dave Kuharchik: In today’s “Law & You,” we’re going to talk about an issue with some loud music by some workers on a nearby property. Joining us once again are attorneys, Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli from Kingston. Guys great to see you again.

Greg Fellerman: Thanks for having us, Dave.

Dave: Let’s get to the question, “They are putting up a new building next to my house. The workers start at 6 am and they play loud music all day long. Their trucks are everywhere and even block my driveway. What can I do?”

Greg: Well, this is a very common problem during the summer and the spring when the construction begins. So, the first thing you should do is reach out to your local building coat officers and the municipality or city that you live in. They would be the first good step to monitor that. What they’ve basically done is create a nuisance, which is affecting your rights to enjoy your house and your home. So, if they’re doing that, you have legal rights that can be addressed and allow you to get back, basically, quiet and enjoyment of your house.

Ed Ciarimboli: Very simply, what Greg is talking about, a nuisance means that your neighbor is doing something on his or her property that’s preventing you from using and enjoying your property. Loud music, noises, garbage, if someone has a dog that’s barking all the time, the trucks that are blocking the driveway, all of these things will allow you to pursue a civil action against your neighbor for minor damages and also make modifications to the noise and the traffic so it’s to not interfere with any of your property rights, but as Greg said, the first step; reach out to the local municipality you’re in. Make sure they’re adhering to all the building codes. If they’re not and you can’t get them to stop going that route, then you need to pick up the phone. You need to call a lawyer who does this kind of work.

Dave: For our viewers who would like your help, how can they get in touch with you?

Ed: They can find us on our web at or they can call us.

Greg: 570-714-4878

Dave: Don’t forget, results matter with attorneys Greg Fellerman and Ed Ciarimboli from Fellerman and Ciarimboli in Kingston. Guys, it’s always a pleasure having you here on the show.

Greg: Thanks, Dave

Share This:

The Law & You is a nightly feature on channels WBRE-TV 28 and WYOU-TV 22 where the attorneys from Fellerman & Ciarimboli answer legal questions. If you have a question that you want answered by the Law & You attorneys, please submit the form on this page or call the hotline at 1-888-570-HURT.

The Law & You Archives

Have A Question?

Do you have a question for The Law & You? Please fill out the form below and your question could be answered live on the air.

Recent News

Call Now
Email Now
Back to Top